About Me

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Life as a Movie Star--

January 15, 2009

I got my pads, pills, & purse; I was ready for the set.

"LIGHTS?" "Check." "CAMERAS?" "Check" "Scene 1: The Doctor's Office. And...ACTION."...

"Your 3 breaks are healing on track, you should return to work in about a month or so. Keep with continued physical therapy," the Doctor says. Yippeeeee! In my mind, I sung and did the in-your-face dance: “I get another month off from work! I get another month off from work! unt, unt, un-un unt...Hiiiiirch,” (a car slams its breaks): "Wait a minute, what do you mean 3? I thought I broke 2, my wrist & pelvis," I questioned Doc. I don't remember 3; I guess I was on drugs when Doc told me previously. He pointed with his well-informed pen to each break on my x-ray charts, using the neon white lit board behind it to show the 3 fractures. The Medical Professional started teaching the classmate: "This is your wrist now, this is your wrist a month ago, and this is your wrist from your break 4 years ago. You have scar tissue from your first break, which makes that part of the Radius stronger. Since you fell on a different area of the same bone, that caused the breakage of the radius...bla, bla, bla." Doc moved his ruler pen over to the pelvis x-ray and continued to educate me "And here, you have a break in the front of your pubis and you have a break in the back of your pubis, both on the same sid e of your right pelvic bone. The pelvis controls a lot of the leg muscles...bla, bla, bla” I drifted off into space. No wonder I have trouble walking and the different movements & positions. I confirmed with Doc "So what you’re saying is that I broke 2 bones in 3 different places. “ Now how cool is that!!

Doc and his assistant finished with me and left the room. It was just Bart and I in the room. When I got off the patient’s table, I noticed a reddish brown smear on the white paper from where I was sitting on the table. Slightly embarrassed, I wanted to rip the paper off the bed, but Bart had already wheeled me out of the patient's room and said that the staff deals with that sort of thing all the time. Yea, I guess so, but they are probably thinking that I just pooed in my pants and I didn't. I bled in my pants!

I had to go to the bathroom. Down the hall and to the right. Bart was waiting for the desk to book my next appointment. I had to change my soaked pad. Do you need any help getting there? Bart had asked me. No Babe, I can do this on my own.

All of the sudden, someone got out of their chair in the waiting area and opened the door for me. Now that's nice. She offered to assist me to the bathroom too, but I told her no thanks. Wow, that was really nice of her.

"Scene 2: The Coffee Shop. Ready and ACTION."...

My appointment with Doc ran late, it was about 5:30pm when we left. Bart needed his coffee kick for the day. Kinda late for his caffeine, but Bart was really hurting. He desperately needed his fix. So we stopped at CC’s Coffee Shop on Esplanade Ave across where Vincent used to live, for a quick shot of poison. I was excited to stop at another destination. It was my third time since I was out in the public since the accident, a little over a month ago. I was just glad to be out of my prison cell and wanted to stay away from the hole as long as possible. I was also excited that I could use my wheelchair for the first time in public, other than the two times I had previously at Doc’s. I thought that people wouldn’t even have to see the wet stain on my ass in the rolling chair.

What nice people, another door opens for me. And people were so generous; they threw me to the beginning of the line. I didn't have to wait. Wow, I had a nice view of the muffins and cakes and all sorts of pastries that they displayed for the customers.

I was finding a table for us. And people started to back up and move chairs out of my walkway and admired me as if I was their idol. I kindly and humbly smiled and politely said thank you. I didn't realize I was on the red carpet today. People offered me prime window seating. Then I was flagged down for an autograph. I guess fame has its perks. I started to wonder if I would receive such special treatment if I wore sunglasses and a hat.

=0 A"Scene 3: Bart's Van. And...ACTION."...

I wanted to continue to stay out for a bit after visiting Doc and CC. I still can't manage to go outside without any assistance going up & down the steps. Therefore, if I have the opportunity to stay out as long as I can, then I'll take it. Bart says that we would be too vulnerable if I practiced legwork outside on the steps in the Ghetto Farm and Burgundy Bend. He's right, with all the recent close-call crime stories I hear about. So I just pretty much write and draw in my prison cell everyday without getting any fresh air. I do, however, open the curtain to let some sunshine in, but that's only for about 3 hours a day since I wake up at 2pm. Sometimes Bart will open the door and I can see the outside thru the locked bars. I stick my hand & arm out, and feel the weather run into my limb. I like the cool weather we are having this week. And I know it won't last long, but how would I really know, my fame keeps me from real world experiences. The price I have to pay.

Bart had his coffee, and we were both hungry so we decided to go to an uptown restaurant, our third place in public for the day before we headed back to once again, my trapped hard prison life.

"Scene 4: The Restaurant. ACTION."...

The Italian Bistro restaurant on Magazine St. is a little more than casual. My dress code was not appropriate, by all means. But that's all I have. I'm living in the Ghetto Far m now and all of my clothes are at Burgundy Bend. Bart had brought over a couple of my white short-sleeved tees and some undies, but I try to only ask Bart to bring over my essentials.

It was too cold to wear short sleeves. Bart let me borrow one of his shirts. I wore his maroon long-sleeved shirt, my gray warm-ups with pink thick strips going down the side of each part of the outer leg, yellow socks and white tennis shoes with aqua stripes. I put on my black denim jacket to tie-in my colorful attire all together. Let us not forget my knotted, filthy, and smelly dreadlock look. Nevertheless, who cares how I was dressed and smelled like; I'm a famous movie star.

The restaurant didn't have a runway. I had to use my walker. No problem. It's only 2 steps. I just back up into one; push myself up onto the first step. Then pivot to the front, place the walker onto the 2nd step, which is also the landing. Then push myself up onto the next level. My arms, stomach, and left leg muscle strength have really stepped up to the plate. Oopps, what about the brown blood stain on my butt? Oh, who cares when I look as good as I do.

The door opened for me. The maître de said hello and said my table was waiting for me. I made a comment as I passed him as he was staring and wondering whom I was. I guess he just couldn’t place me. No, I’m not Maggie Gyllenhaal in the film Mona Lisa's Smile, but good guess. She does kin da look like me. I added to his curious thought with a nod, "I broke 3 bones too". Wow, I got a sympathy sigh of “oouu”. Cool, I’m milking these bones! Bart thought he was being thoughtful when he requested the closest table to the door. Hell no! This star wanted to sit in their usual prime spot, before the accident.

Nice red wine, warm bread, Caesar salad, Rainbow trout with capers, and chocolate moose were served one by one. Ahh, it’s nice to be out in the atmosphere and enjoy the good life of no hassles of being famous like the normal people.

The maître de came over to the table to check on us as we finished our visit. He suggested that the restaurant had a ramp if I chose to use it when I left. What a very nice young man. Bart, my chaffer, went to get the car while I went to go check out the ramp. A far little walking distance, around the corner, in a dark alley, there stood an alone, lonely ramp. The deserted slope had a few leafs on it with more leafs being blown around in all kinds of directions by the cold wind.

"Scene 5: Leaving the Restaurant. ACTON."...

Is this guy crazy! WHAT IS THIS SHIT! This 23-year-old know-it-all doesn't know shit! I can't use that ramp with my walker. I would FALL ON MY ASS if I used that steep ass ramp! And who would catch me? Bart's gettin' the car. WHO, this stupid ass punk who suggested it in the first place!?--Does he even know who I think I am!
Maybe, it's a trick to get rid of me thru the back way. Maybe he wants to kill me for publicity. How DARE HE? What is he tired of catering to the rich and famous? THAT'S HIS JOB! This kid don't know nothing about nothing! My fans would be highly disappointed if they couldn't see their idol from across the street, while they sip on their beers, and sit in the outdoors of the Bulldog Bar & Grill, while I flash my stained presence upon them. My fans need me. My fans need to see me at the front entrance of the restaurant under their bright neon lights that say: If You Can Walk, You can Eat Restaurant. It’s fun to play with my fans. And I will not stand for ramping my ass under the buzzed sound of the broken, fused neon sign that says, The Fuck You If You Can't Walk Restaurant. I need the spot light. I need to be noticed in my fine threads and dreads.

A deranged stranger walked past me after I made my way down the two steps to ground level. He mumbled, “That’s what you signed up for” and kept walking. How did he know? I continued to get into my character and play my humble movie star part.

I made a mental note to look myself up on Youtube at the next opportunity. In my earlier days before my movie star fame, I acted on some TV shows like Survivor Metairie and did some singing stage performances with Delta Dawn before I got discovered. I only got 2 stars for the singing performanc e, but Survivor Metairie scored a big 5. I'm proud of all my earlier work. If you google, I think those two shows can still be seen on Youtube: Msh999's Channel. I think shows like U2 & GreenDay, a movie about musicians playing at the superdome while saints dropped food from the sky to the ants running around below them, and The Evolution of Dance, a story about a funny & talented comedian, can still be viewed on that channel as well. Maybe all of the shows on that channel could definitely be worth a view.

Yea, those were my earlier days of acting. I'm in various films now. Mostly comedy and suspense. I also did a horror film just recently. Some of my fans saw a sneak preview. It'll be joining Youtube soon. Maybe on the same network.

To be continued....

1 comment: