About Me

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Conflict

I lay to rest without resting. I try to sleep without sleeping. I hear voices inside my head. I can't control it. Insecurity, paranoia, & fear; all controlled by my mind. My voices try to take over, but my mind will not let it. My voices strategize and issue a pep talk, "Think ocean, beach, serenity." But my mind overpowers it with depression and obsession. Voice asserts "Open a window, turn on some music." Mind speaks; "Can't reach, can't move. Will not reach, will not move." Voice calms down "Just relax, take a chill pill." My other voice interferes & declares, "These meds would do." My mind confidently responds "Go for it; I'll still be in your dreams." Voices think twice; "My mind's right, I haven't had a good dream yet." My background voice whispers, "Not since the accident." Voice shouts "But I'm TIRED". Mind articulates, "So what, I'm exhausted." Voices think, “My mind is so determined, it always thinks. I wonder if it will ever give-in to my voice.” My mind stares into space. It’s just not sold on my voice now.

1 comment:

  1. Delirious Deb,

    Are there just 2 "Voices" or many more? Is your "Mind" just another voice?

    ReplyDelete