About Me

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Morning Calls

Jan. 9, 2009

It was early morning. I had wakened from a doze. I heard a cat's yell. It roared an expression of pain. It sounded like someone had stepped on its tail or that a car had rolled out of bed onto part of the sleeping cat. About 20 minutes later, I heard a high pitched cry, sounding like a kitten. It meowed 7 or so times, with about 10 second pauses in between. Maybe the kitten was calling to its mother so it could be fed. Maybe the kitten was crying in despair after seeing its mother lying down in some alley, barely alive. Then I heard a long & loud growl. The deep noise was near. It went for a while before it took another breath. There was a short pause, and then the second growl started up. This sound was much more distinct than the first. It harked a fast, continuous, heavier & louder tone, taking turns with each other, while catching its breath in between. I wasn't hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment