About Me

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wanting A Renovation Rescue

I'm lost. I don't know what to do.

My house has been under renovation for over a year now, not much done. Hired the wrong people and wasted more money & time on their fuck-ups. I can't finish the project. I have a full-time+ job. I want someone to take over and do a good job.

I would like to give the job to my ex-boyfriend. He would charge me less than what contractors charge. However, he's always busy with his other job, and when he is free, he's unavailable. He was hired 2 months ago, and nothing has been done, nor any initiative/plan to get it done. He'll come up with excuses that he can't get a whole of me, but the fact is, he has a key to the house and I can be contacted thru email and phone. He has said he has left me messages and I haven't returned his phone call. It's interesting, b/c I've called him several times in the last 2 months and he has always been busy with his job, taking a mini-vacation, or watching a game. And when we have been in contact with each other, he wasn't available to talk. But he blames me, and then we argue and hang up on each other.

Yes, I know the simple answer. My ex-boyfriend is confident of taking over, but he has to blame me for not getting in touch with me. But he has free range. It's too much drama.

I am currently getting an estimate from another contractor. It's going to be expensive. And I can't afford him. The contractor has already mentioned he charges anywhere from $50 to $100 per sq ft. I asked the contractor if he would take the entire sq footage of 1800, even when 600 of it is almost completely done. And he said yes. So if he were to take this job, at minimum, it will cost me $85,000 to complete. This was a rough figure. He is going to give me a more accurate written estimate in a couple of days.

I want this to go away. And I don't have the money for this contractor. I would like to give this project to my ex-boyfriend. He would make money. I would not spend as much. And a good project would be had. But I don't see the light.

1 comment:

  1. My advice: DO NOT hire the ex-boyfriend. Hire a real contractor. It may be more money, but peace of mind is worth way more than money.

    ReplyDelete