About Me

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Vegetable - A Petty Stir

Black Olive acted unprofessionally on Saturday, June 27, 2009. She yelled at me and accused me of lying and an employee overheard her yelling at me.

It was 4:50pm. I just got back from lunch and needed to do some paperwork for EOW business update to send to Beet. Black Olive commented I was just now getting on the computer. Yea, I said, I just got back from lunch. She said I went to lunch at 4pm. I said no, I went to lunch at 4:15pm. She started yelling at me and said I was lying. I told her I was telling the truth. She walked away and said she didn't want to talk about it.

Lettuce over heard Black Olive yelling at me. Lettuce and I went to lunch at the same time. I had to retrace my steps. I wondered, maybe I did go to lunch at 4pm instead of 4:15pm. (but even if I did, what the fuck is the big deal of 15 minutes??) I spoke with Lettuce and she confirmed that we went to lunch at the same time and that we went at 4:15pm. I asked Lettuce to confirm that with Black Olive, but Black Olive didn't want to listen to Lettuce and told her that this was between the Black Olive (her) and the Olive's Pit (me). With further investigation, I looked through the media and noticed that I did a transaction at 3:59pm. So if I did go to lunch at 4pm, then I would have had to excuse myself and quickly leave my customer, without any small talk and not properly bagging her purchase, jump/run 75 feet to get to the back room, and not wait for Tomato to come out on the floor. And that just did not happen.

4pm, 4:15pm. So what! I didn't take an extra 15 minutes, but so what if i did. I work 10 hour shifts+ with only a 30 minute lunch break. The point is, Black Olive yelled at me, accused me of lying, and Lettuce overheard her yelling at me. Black Olive acted unprofessionally and had no right to yell at me. I did nothing wrong. I value honesty and integrity in all parts of my life, and that includes the workplace.

Black Olive will probably tell Beet that I took a 45 minute lunch and lied about it. Even though I have a witness, I'm sure it will get twisted around and I'll get in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment