About Me

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Mouse Trap

A short horror film gets a review.

King of Big & Small quotes: "This much-anticipated summer action thriller left me in the dark--literally. I questioned the director's choice to shoot the beginning of the film in the dark. But I then realized the artistic genius behind it. The shaky camera, the barely visible interior of the house, and the co-star's "Get 'em, get 'em" all peaked my curiosity and kept me from getting up out of my seat and leaving the theater.

Chloe's choice to torture, instead of kill, the creepy antagonist, lead me to wonder if perhaps there wasn't some evil lurking inside her, especially after hearing her menacing growls.

Toward the end of the movie, the frantic screams of the co-star, along with the Blair Witch style of filming, made the price of admission worth it. The ending was brilliant and left it wide open for "The Mouse Trap, Part Two."

All in all, a good movie."

http://www.youtube.com/user/thedebcard

No comments:

Post a Comment