About Me

Monday, June 15, 2009

Job Abuse - Documentation

Company Work Guidelines: 42 -45 hours a week.

Thursday, 5/28/09: After being back to work for 2 weeks, Beat pulls me in the office and gives me 3 verbal warnings.
1. Being in the office. --But Beat gives me tasks that require office time.
2. Not communicating being in the office. -- Well I did communicate with the manager on duty. But Beat said I still get a verbal warning because I didn't communicate it with the part-time employee.
3. Using poor judgement, I should have communicated sooner about the special napkin supply issue. I communicated to Beat at 3:30pm, Friday, about running low on special napkins, but I was too late, she had already left the restaurant.

Saturday 6/6/09: Switched shifts with another manager for next week's Thursday, 6/11/09 so each manager would have 2 night shifts each (to be fair) and communicated the switch with Beat. (Thinking if it was a problem, she would tell me since it was communicated to her 5 days in advance.)

Tuesday 6/9/09: Given a new task at 6pm as I was walking out the door at end of shift. I stayed 2 hours extra in order to complete the task, with working a total of 11 hours with only 1 30 minute lunch break.

Wednesday, 6/10/09: Told to do schedules for month to be completed today. Not allowed enough office time to do it. Worked total 10.50 hours with 1 30 minute lunch break.

Beat tells me that I used poor judgement by switching shifts and that I am not a team player and that I am only out for myself. I told her if I wasn't a team player, I wouldn't have stayed late in order to complete the late unorganized tasks that were given at the end of my shift the day before. She said that is expected of me.

Beat falsely accuses me of retaliating against another employee. She said she could fire me on the spot.

Retaliate definition: (verb) pay someone back, hit back, strike back, reciprocate, take revenge, get back at someone, get even with the score, get your own back wreak vengeance, exact retribution, give as good as you get, take an eye for an eye, make reprisal, give a taste of his or her own medicine, give tit for tat, return like for like

I did not do any of that. I communicated with the employee to let them know reasons why I was in the office and that the manager on duty knew I was in the office.

Beat tells me that she has seen no improvement with communication and using good judgement.

Sunday, 6/14/09: Worked 10am to 10pm, with 1 15 minute break only.

No comments:

Post a Comment