About Me

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It Sucks To Be Me

Movie star life is great. But it does have its drawbacks. You lose your freedom of being a normal person. Some of your good friends don't want to hang out with you, b/c they don't want to hang out with a movie star. They just want to hang out with their friend. It's the price I pay every day of my life when I recently was discovered. My friends don't want the entourage, the big production, or the hassle that comes along with my fame. Some of my friends just avoid my phone calls all together, while others just make excuses not to hang with me and my guards.

Just recently, I invited my friends to tag along with me and my buddies to see the Krewe de Vieux Parade. The first Mardi Gras Parade that rolls out every year. It's my favorite parade yet. The parade route is near my mansion home, roughly 2 blocks away. Very easily to get to. And you can make stops along the way if you need to. Stops like bars for food & drink and convenience stores for necessities like cigarettes, snacks, drinks, film, & tampons. And homes, bushes & sidewalks for emergency purposes like teeing and gagging.

I called 7 of my good friends and one said yes. But the other 6, well...some of them didn't even bother to answer the phone. And some did. It was very interesting. I got all the excuses in the book as to why they couldn't meet up with me and my people at the same parade they were attending as I was. I heard excuses like "you live in a bad area." I laugh inside. The whole parade is in the bad area. "It's dark for 4 blocks." You mean dark as in night? Well, it's dark in every block at night. But the well-lit streets, the vehicle headlights, and the houses & business lights nearby provide all the light you need. "It's just too dangerous." Well, aren't you from New Orleans? And didn't you live uptown in New Orleans all of your younger life? And aren't you going to New Orleans to see a New Orleans parade? Everywhere in New Orleans is dangerous, even your chosen New Orleans' spot to see this New Orleans' parade.

My area is probably safer now on a parade night than a non-parade average night. There are more people and more cops out on the streets. More people walk in groups. And the cops are practically at every block of the parade route. And more police cars circle the nearby parade routes, which includes the area of where my house is located and the route we would take to get to this parade.

But I get it. And I don't blame my friends. It's really the fact that I'm a movie star and my friends want to have freedom and enjoy themselves without all the fiasco that I have to go thru. They have to be part of the bullshit to hang with me. Even being near me in public is a big deal and a big unwanted nuisance. I know, because I feel the same way as they do. I don't want to be held back from my freedom, which I recently was robbed of. And I don't want to hold anybody else back from their freedom. I want my friends to enjoy themselves.

Being a Movie star is tough. You're trapped inside. You can't just go out into public without all the hype. You can't just walk like a normal person and be treated like a normal person. People stare at you. Strangers talk to you. And they talk and whisper about you, in front of you, in their presence of you.

I get it. But movie star life still sucks. If I had a choice to be a movie star or a successful working unknown actor, I would choose a successful working unknown actor. Then my life would be normal.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Deb, did you hang up on me last night? What up with that?
    Anyway, I was looking for you at the RBar and elsewhere, but you were nowhere to be found.

    You are not a movie star. You are a rock star. Did you see the parade? Funny shit.

    -d

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie!

    Sorry I didn't get your messages that night. My phone was still dead and my charger was at work.

    How are you? I'll call tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good, but you didn't call tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Darwin,
    my dumpster divin' friend.
    I saw the parade up front,
    but then my view was blocked by a Kunt.
    And then my bodyguard also blocked my view.
    I should have raised hell but I needed to doo. I fired his ass,
    but then I rehired his ass
    b/c I liked his beautiful ass.
    Check out my pics,
    there ain't no dicks
    or pimps and nips
    in this story "Cripps
    du Vieux".
    Kinda funny too.

    Crippy D

    ReplyDelete