About Me

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Dog in Therapy

It was summer and I was 16. My friend, Kristi, recommended the movie "I Spit On Your Grave" to rent at the local video store. A rated R movie, it sounded interesting. We watched most of it, but my Dad came home early from work. The movie was in the vcr and I couldn't get it out in time enough. Dad said he would watch it with us, not knowing what the movie was about. I tried to lie about the movie, but I wasn't skilled enough. Got blue marks from the belt.

I wonder what Msh's cool city parents would have done?

I grew up with religion country-bumpkin hick-folks where fixing a dog or cat meant they were broken. Dad didn't believe in fences in the yard cause our dogs wouldn't have the freedom to roam around and dig into the neighbors' garbage.

We were treated like dogs growing up, but our dogs were free.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you what my parents did: In 1977, when I was 10, I really wanted to see this movie called Kingdom of the Spiders. It was a horror movie, and my parents told me that it was a bad idea, but after a lot of nagging, they took me to see the movie.

    After the movie, I didn't want to sleep in my room because I was too scared so I moved my bed under the dining room table and slept there for at least a month.

    My parents said that I hope that I had learned my lesson. I did. I didn't see another horror movie until I was 16 or so.

    ReplyDelete