About Me

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Failed Effort

I don't wear a bra when I'm lounging around my house. I've been known for getting my mail, which is right outside by my door, without a bra on. Okay, I've also taken out trash and gotten things out of my car without a bra on as well. Alright, I've sat on my porch and I've even answered my door from deliveries without a bra on. I'm okay with this.

But Bart doesn't like the fact that I run around without a bra on. I do it because I'm more comfortable and I don't care. But Bart says he knows what guys think and it's for my safety and protection to cover up. He's right since I live in the heart of crime, in a New Orleans neighborhood.

I wasn't wearing a bra when Bart and I decided to take a short drive. We were going down to the local convenient store to pick up some dinner. In and out. That's it. I decided to put my large brown scarf over my white tee shirt, with covering up the important part of the boobs. I was proud of my last minute invention.

Bart picked me up and we went to Verde Marte. I thought I was pretty savvy, I do say so myself. Getting away without wearing a bra and wearing a shaw over my shirt in the heat of the hot August New Orleans month.

But I didn't notice that my shaw moved away from my hard nipples when I opened the door and the strong breeze met the still hot air.

I was looking at the meals at the deli and noticing that the guy at the deli counter was staring straight at my breast. But I thought that was strange, given that I was covered up so well.

We ordered and waited for our food and Bart comes up to me and asked, "are you cold?" Excited about my cover-up boobs invention, I answered, "No Sweetie, I didn't want to wear a bra and I'm using this to cover up." And then he responds, "you would of never noticed the way your beamer lights are on."

3 comments:

  1. Very funny story.

    Carlos says he can picture the white shirt you were wearing. Is that that one with the holes in it that you wore on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're talking about what I wore at the photo shoot for Gap, then no. It was however one of six v-neck tees I own that are of the same style that I often switch in and out on a regular basis. Some have holes and some do not.

    I also was wearing my popular army-green rags-with-holes that I call a skirt on that very same hot summer day in August.

    ReplyDelete