About Me

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Interrogation

I woke up with a migraine. I needed to take my full dosage of my prescribed medicine in order to get rid of it. So I called work to tell them just that. I said I was coming in, but I would be there a couple hours later than when my shift started.

This is what I have to go thru:

"What time did you get in last night?"
"1:30am" [None of her business]

"It's not a 4 hour commute to Central."
"You're right. It's 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes there and 1 hour and 45 to 50 minutes back."(without traffic) [She's calling me a liar.]

"There are only 2 reasons that cause a migraine; red wine and chocolate."
"There are other reasons that can cause a migraine." [She's an idiot if she thinks that. She is also insinuating that I drank wine (which I didn't) and that I have a hangover from it. But even if I did, I'm allowed to and it's none of her business if I did or did not.]

"I talked to other people and they said that they couldn't believe that you would call out on the 26th." [She's airing laundry to other stores? That's not professional. And plus, if we were so busy, why does she have so much time on her hands to call other managers?]

"You need to act professional when you call out sick."
"I didn't feel good." [You get what you get when I call. She doesn't know the level of my pain. Plus, I wasn't on the clock when I called out the 2 hours. ]

I called HR and filed a complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment