About Me

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crime Scene: The Ghetto Guessing Game

"Ya gots a quarta?" the intruder asked on demand.
"Whaat?" I answered in confusion and tried to speak the bro language as he stood me on the bed like a paper doll.

I don't get ghetto talk.

"You knows, a quarta?"
We went back and forth with "whaat?" and "quarta?" a few times.

I wondered if he was asking for a quarter so he could use the pay phone to tell his Mama he was running late cause he got with a white girl--against her will of course.

Wouldn't he just ask for money or a purse or wallet instead of being so specific as to ask for a quarter?

I don't know the reasons why he would ask for a quarter instead of bigger bucks.

Well a quarter is bigger than a dime and, he did ask for the biggest of the common coins, I reasoned with his strange ghetto talk request. But, I am also having a conversation with a street punk idiotic rapist. Does he even know the difference?

Sure I have a quarter.

"Knows, a quarda," he spoke louder.
I guessed again, but with a louder response, "A camcorder?" as I shrugged my shoulders.
"Yeas, a corda."
I finally got it right. What a relief. Now he might leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment